List of famous people with long COVID
The 2019-2020 viral pandemic has led to hundreds of thousands developing COVID-19, a significant number of these continue to have symptoms many weeks or months later, known as long COVID. These "long haulers" come from many different walks of life, ages, and races, including people without pre-existing conditions who had mild COVID-19.
Actors, musicians and artists[edit | edit source]
- Alyssa Milano, diagnosed with COVID-19 in April, needed hospital treatment in August
- Emma Samms - British actor - caught COVID-19 in March, still ill in September
- Len Denham - caught COVID-19 in March 2020, improving but still with long COVID in September
Athletes and sports personalities[edit | edit source]
- Eduardo Rodriguez, pitcher for the Boston Red Sox baseball team, developed fatigue and myocarditis after COVID-19, and was unable to play for the rest of 2020
- Michael Ojo, an American basketball player, died during training in Serbia as a result of heart-related complications. Ojo, 27, appeared to have recovered from COVID-19 rather than having the recurring or persistent symptoms that long-haulers describe.
Authors, journalists and writers[edit | edit source]
- Chris Cuomo - CNN news presenter, caught COVID-19 in April, still ill three months later
Politicians[edit | edit source]
- Andrew Gwynne MP - British politician - caught COVID-19 in March, still ill and walking very slowly 6 months later
Well-known scientists and academics[edit | edit source]
Other famous people[edit | edit source]
- Jazmin Grimaldi, daughter of Monacro's Prince Albert II - hospitalized with COVID-19 a month after her first hospitalization
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- @Alyssa Milano (September 2020). "twitter.com/alyssa_milano/status/1292271830359662592" (Tweet). Retrieved September 23, 2020 – via Twitter.
- "Dynasty Star Emma Samms Details Her Months-Long COVID-19 Symptoms, Like 'Panic-Inducing' Fatigue". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved September 23, 2020.
- Morley, John E. (October 5, 2020). "COVID-19 — The Long Road to Recovery". The journal of nutrition, health & aging. doi:10.1007/s12603-020-1473-6. ISSN 1760-4788. PMC 7533666.
- Gleeson, Scott. "Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Rodriguez cleared for physical activity after COVID-related heart issue". USA TODAY. Retrieved November 7, 2020.
- "Former Florida State center Michael Ojo dies after collapsing during training at age 27". www.cbsnews.com. Retrieved November 7, 2020.
- "The rise of the "long haulers": how long does Covid-19 last in patients?". www.newstatesman.com. Retrieved September 23, 2020.
- "Jazmin Grimaldi was hospitalised again for worsening COVID-19 symptoms". International Business Times UK. August 20, 2020. Retrieved November 7, 2020.