- 2013, Akarsu, Selim; Tekin, Levent; Ay, Hakan; Carli, Alparslan Bayram; Tok, Fatih; Simşek, Kemal; Kiralp, Mehmet Zeki (April 2013), "The efficacy of hyperbaric oxygen therapy in the management of chronic fatigue syndrome", Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine: Journal of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, Inc, 40 (2): 197–200, ISSN 1066-2936, PMID 23682549
- 2003, Hyperbaric Therapy in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
"Abstract - The aim of this study was to determine if hyperbaric oxygen treatment (HBOT) could be used as adjunctive therapy and if HBOT could increase the quality of life in such a way that the functional status would improve in patients with an infection. A randomized, controlled trial was conducted on 15 Mycoplasma sp. infected CFS (CDC 1994) patients and 14 CFS (CDC 1994) patients with no evidence of a Mycoplasma infection were enrolled in a convenience randomization sample from our referral clinic. No statistical differences were found by use of univariate repeated measures although Bodily Pain as measured by the SF-36 seems to decrease after hyperbaric therapy (Greenhouse-Geisser: p = .010). Trends were found using paired t-testing for Mycoplasma infected CFS patients. The general perceived fatigue seemed to decrease after hyperbaric therapy (General Fatigue: p = .06). Directly after one week of hyperbaric therapy general fatigue improved (p = .03) but there was a reduction of activity (reduced activity: p = .05) and general perceived health (general health: p = .04). One month later the physical role increased (Role-Physical: p = .07). Although more data is required to make firm conclusions, trends were found. Reduced fatigue, increased levels of activity and an improved reaction time improved significantly their quality of life and therefore, enhanced also their functional status and thus could be used as an adjunctive therapy."
Women in Fibromyalgia hyperbaric oxygen therapy study had concussions. "Patients who had fibromyalgia in addition to their post-concussion symptoms had complete resolution of the symptoms,... " Due to this statement it is the opinion of some that this is in reality a study on concussions and not Fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Treatment with Hyperbaric Chamber Shows Promise EmpowHER - Michelle Blacsberg, RN - "Use of HBOT to treat those with fibromyalgia is not new. A 2004 study showed it did have success in a small study but they felt that HBOT was helpful to fibromyalgia patients due to increased oxygenated blood flow to tissues."
- Elke Van Hoof, Danny Coomans, Pascale De Becker, Romain Meeusen, Raymond Cluydts & Kenny De Meirleir (2003). Nutritional Supplement (NT Factor™) Restores Mitochondrial Function and Reduces Moderately Severe Fatigue in Aged Subjects. Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Vol. 11, Iss. 3, pp. 37-49. http://dx.doi.org/10.1300/J092v11n03_04
- Women who suffer from fibromyalgia benefit from hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Fibromyalgia Treatment with Hyperbaric Chamber Shows Promise