Thorsons Health - M.E.: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Practical Guide
|Series||Thorsons Health Series|
Thorsons Health - M.E.: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A practical guide is a book by Dr. Anne Macintyre with a foreword by Clare Francis.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
A practical guide to understanding Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
M. E., commonly called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, is an illness about which very little is understood. Doctors have difficulty identifying it, and then can often offer no solution other than bed rest.
Dr Anne Macintyre has suffered from M.E. for over 10 years. But she has used her medical expertise to understand the causes of M.E., to communicate the reality of the disease to her sceptical colleagues and, most importantly, has learned how to recover from it. This revised edition of her much acclaimed book gives clear and comprehensive guidelines on:
- exercise, rest and relaxation
- nutrition and supplements
- coping with a change in lifestyle
- managing depression
- particular problems for women with M.E.
- psychiatric approaches to the illness
Links[edit | edit source]
- M.E.: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A practical guide - Amazon (US)
- M.E.: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A practical guide - Amazon (UK)
- M.E.: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A practical guide - Goodreads