Doctor Suzanne O'Sullivan is a British neurologist and author.
Book - It's All In Your Head[edit | edit source]
Doctor Sullivan published her book, It's All In Your Head, in 2015. It is a book about medically unexplained symptoms and psychosomatic illness and includes a chapter on ME/CFS despite widespread agreement that it is not a psychosomatic illness.
Criticism[edit | edit source]
The ME Association published a letter by Lady Countess of Mar. The association also wrote its own letter of complaint to the British Times newspaper in response to its review of the book that incorrectly referred to ME/CFS as a psychosomatic illness.
Wellcome Book Prize[edit | edit source]
In April 2016 the book was awarded the 2016 Wellcome Book Prize, and the author a £30,000 prize (around US $45,000).
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
Doctor Sullivan has published no studies on ME/CFS.
Clinic location[edit | edit source]
The Royal London Hospital, London, United Kingdom.
Articles[edit | edit source]
- 16 May 2015, 'You think I'm mad?' – the truth about psychosomatic illness The Guardian by Suzanne O'Sullivan
Talks & interviews[edit | edit source]
Online presence[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
- University College London Hospitals - Dr Suzanne O'Sullivan
- Amazon.co.uk - It's All In Your Head
- Amazon.com - It's All In Your Head
- GoodReads - It's All In Your Head
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ‘It’s All in Your Head’ psychosomatic book storm | Countess of Mar challenges author to change her mind about ME/CFS]
- Failure to keep up with the research on ME/CFS is ‘inexcusable’
- INVEST IN ME Letter to The TIMES on David Aaronovitch Book review “It’s All in Your Head: True Stories of Imaginary Illness by Suzanne O’Sullivan 6th June 2015
- Letter to The Times
- Guest blog reviewing Suzanne O’Sullivan’s It’s All in Your Head With an Introduction
- Experts weigh in on Suzanne O’Sullivan’s commentary on imaginary illness in The Lancet
- Wellcome Book Prize 2016 - ignorance rewarding ignorance
- Proud to be Ignorant?
- Suzanne O'Sullivan's It's All in Your Head wins Wellcome Book Prize 2016
- Mind Games - ELLE Magazine September 2016 - Phoenix Rising - ELLE Anecdotes used to promote O'Sullivan, complain she's being trolled