Running On Empty: The Complete Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFIDS)
|Publisher||Hunter House Inc.|
Running On Empty: The Complete Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFIDS) is a book by Katrina Berne published in 1995.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Sore throat, fatigue, vertigo, headache, muscle pain, fever, and depression—if you are unable to shake any of these symptoms, you may be suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (also known as Chronic Fatigue Immune Dysfunction Syndrome or CFIDS). The new edition of this bestselling book, with its updated resources and latest guidelines for managing CFIDS, is the place to turn for help.
If you have CFIDS, you have battled the disease and the confusion surrounding it. Friends, family, and even doctors often do not understand. Running on Empty, written by an expert who has CFIDS herself, has already helped thousands of people with the disease and it can help you too. This fully revised edition offers:
- ACTION—find out how to live with the effects of CFIDS, how to combat it, and how to deal with the feelings of rage, helplessness, and guilt that it can create.
- CLARITY—learn about possible causes of disease, who gets it, and how to know for sure if you've got it (the book includes revised diagnostic criteria adopted in December 1994).
- HOPE—read about the latest medical findings, effective treatments (and those that have failed), complementary therapies, and the search for a cure.
- SUPPORT—take comfort in the stories of other sufferers who share how CFIDS has affected their lives financially, emotionally, physically and read the open letter to a friend for ideas on how to explain to your loved ones how CFIDS makes you feel.
Links[edit | edit source]
- Running On Empty: The Complete Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Amazon (UK)
- Running On Empty: The Complete Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Amazon (US)
- Running On Empty: The Complete Guide to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - Goodreads