Overcoming Chronic Fatigue
|Author||Mary Burgess, Trudie Chalder|
|Subject||Cognitive behavioral therapy, psychology, graded exercise therapy|
|Media type||print & digital|
Overcoming Chronic Fatigue: A Self-Help Guide using Cognitive Behavioral Techniques is a book by Mary Burgess and Trudie Chalder.
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) is a debilitating illness, characterized by severe exhaustion and flu-like symptoms, which affects almost three per cent of people in the UK and for which conventional medicine currently has no cure. This valuable self-help guide offers sufferers a better understanding of CFS as well as strategies on breaking the vicious circle of fatigue. The result is a proven reduction in symptoms and disability in up to two-thirds of CFS sufferers.
- Based on recognized CBT techniques
- Offers practical strategies for balancing activity and rest
- Explains the role of worry and stress and how best to cope
- How relatives and friends can help
Links[edit | edit source]
- Overcoming Chronic Fatigue - Amazon (US)
- Overcoming Chronic Fatigue - Amazon (UK)
- Overcoming Chronic Fatigue - Goodreads