Morris Papernik, MD, is a Internal Medicine physician and Assistant Clinical Professor of Medicine at University of Connecticut, Yale and Quinnipiac, Connecticut. He practices at Sanitas Medical Center of Bridgeport, Connecticut and has a special interest in treating patients with chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, diabetes, hypertension, cholesterol, sleep disorders, headaches and osteoporosis.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee[edit | edit source]
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
- 1995, Estimating rates of chronic fatigue syndrome from a community-based sample: a pilot study - (Abstract)
- 1998, Estimating the prevalence of chronic fatigue syndrome among nurses(Abstract)
- 2007, Q fever in an American tourist returned from Australia(Abstract)
- 2007, Non-pharmacologic interventions for CFS: a randomized trial(Abstract)
Clinic location[edit | edit source]
- Sanitas Medical Center
- 4551 Main Street Bridgeport, CT 06606
- Formerly: ProHealth Physicians of Glastonbury
- 320 Western Blvd., Suite 104
- Glastonbury, CT 06033
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2010, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Interview with Dr. Morris Papernick
- 2010, Co-Morbid Conditions: The Alphabet Soup of CFS
- 2019, Solving the mystery of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- 2019, Perspectives on ME/CFS Meet Connecticut Physician Dr. Morris Papernik
Online presence[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Connecticut - Sanitas Bridgeport - All specialties". Sanitas. Retrieved Aug 4, 2020.
- HHS.gov (2006), Nov 20 & 21, 2006 CFSAC Meeting (PDF) (Minutes)
- HHS.gov (2009), May 27 & 28, 2009 CFSAC Meeting (PDF) (Roster)
- Jason, Leonard A; Taylor, Renee R; Wagner, Lynne; Holden, Jay; Ferrari, Joseph R; Plioplys, Audrius V; Plioplys, Sigita; Lipkin, David; Papernik, Morris (1995), "Estimating rates of chronic fatigue syndrome from a community-based sample: A pilot study", American Journal of Community Psychology, 23 (4): 557–568, doi:10.1007/BF02506968, PMID 8546110
- Jason, LA; Wagner, L; Rosenthal, S; Goodlatte, J; Lipkin, D; Papernik, M; Plioplys, S; Plioplys, AV (1998), "Estimating the prevalence of chronic fatigue syndrome among nurses", American Journal of Medicine, 105 (3A): 91S-93S., PMID 9790488
- Cohen, Nicole J., Morris Papernik, Joseph Singleton, John Segreti, Marina E. Eremeeva. (2007). Q fever in an American tourist returned from Australia. Travel Medicine and Infectious Disease, Volume 5 , Issue 3 , 194 - 195. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tmaid.2006.09.002
- Jason, LA; Torres-Harding, S; Friedberg, F; Corradi, K; Njoku, MG; Donalek, J; Reynolds, N; Brown, M; Weitner, BB; Rademaker, A; Papernik, M (2007), "Non-pharmacologic interventions for CFS: a randomized trial", Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 14 (4): 275–296, doi:10.1007/s10880-007-9090-7
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Advisory Committee (CFSAC) - (sometimes pronounced SIF-SACK) A US government advisory council that met twice per year, covering current topics related to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Meetings usually lasted for two days and the results were presented to the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS). After 15 years, on September 5, 2018, CFSAC's charter was not renewed by the Department of HHS, effectively dissolving the committee without notice or warning.
chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) - A fatigue-based illness. The term CFS was invented invented by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control as an replacement for myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). Some view CFS as a neurological disease, others use the term for any unexplained long-term fatigue. Sometimes used as a the term as a synonym of myalgic encephalomyelitis, despite the different diagnostic criteria.