Suggesting an image[new][edit source][reply]notjusttired (talk) 07:01, August 18, 2019 (EDT)
Prelim draft[new][edit source][reply]
This seems to me a useful concept to borrow from Wikipedia, and I've trimmed out a lot that's not so applicable to MEpedia right now (largely because it's meant to facilitate work within the vast WP bureaucracy that doesn't exist here at present), but I'm sure there are things to be added and tweaks to be made that would tailor it to be more useful to MEpedia contributors specifically. Please add as you see fit! Canele (talk) 21:15, 20 April 2019 (EDT)
- Looks great! Thanks!
- Pyrrhus (talk) 21:33, 20 April 2019 (EDT)
- Nice! Might be worth adding something on independence / neutral points of view / many points of view. I think it should mention #MEAction oversight or an email contact for those seeking more info? I think the funding for the donate button needs explaining so will look into this. notjusttired (talk) 08:07, 21 April 2019 (EDT)
- All really great ideas, I think neutrality, multiple points of view, etc. is def really important--I will actually start its own page.
- I myself would love to understand better how exactly MEAction oversight of the project works--I don't even know who all is officially a part of MEAction, let alone what exactly their roles are on the project and what things specifically they need to approve versus things other contributors can change themselves (I've just been doing my best to guess and trusting someone will come correct me if I've guessed wrong). It would be great if that were recorded somewhere (whether here or on its own page we could link to from here, and definitely yes, include info on contacting such folks). Canele (talk) 15:17, 21 April 2019 (EDT)
- My understanding is that JaimeS is the only MEaction employee actively involved in MEpedia, and that’s in addition to her usual duties as Science Outreach Coordinator. I think. She took over when JenB had to step back from MEpedia due to health concerns. I think. I don’t know that there are any real rules or guidelines on who has to approve what. I think it’s still very much an informal, fluid relationship. If you think we need such rules or guidelines, maybe draft some reasonable guidelines and submit them to JaimeS for approval? Also, I clarified on the MEpedia page that MEpedia is funded by MEaction, which is funded by donations. And the email address firstname.lastname@example.org works now!
- Pyrrhus (talk) 20:03, 21 April 2019 (EDT)