Love and Fatigue in America
|Subject||Illness, travel, biographical|
|Publisher||University of Wisconsin Press|
|Media type||print & digital|
Synopsis[edit | edit source]
When an Englishman receives an invitation from an American university, he embraces it as a jubilant new beginning. Instead, on arrival, he is stricken with a persistent inability to stand up or think straight. Diagnosed with ME disease—also called chronic fatigue syndrome—he moves restlessly across his newly adopted country, searching for a love and a life suited to his new condition. Love and Fatigue in America briskly compresses an illness, a nation, and an era in a masterly blend of literary forms.
Reviews[edit | edit source]
- 22 Jun 2013, Blog Critics - Book Review: Love and Fatigue in America by Roger King. Review by Erica Verrillo.
Articles and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 06 Nov 2012, What Makes a Healthy Life? Writer Roger King Explores Love & Fatigue in America, Gwarlingo
Links[edit | edit source]
- Love and Fatigue in America - Amazon (US)
- Love and Fatigue in America - Amazon (UK)
- Love and Fatigue in America - Goodreads
- Love and Fatigue in America - Facebook page