Lisa F. Barcellos, PhD, MPH, Professor of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences, University of California, Berkeley, California.
Research interests as per the UC Berkeley School of Public Health bio page:
- Genetic epidemiology of complex diseases
- Identification of genetic and environmental risk factors for multiple sclerosis
- Genetic variation in the major histocompatibility complex (MHC) and autoimmune disease
- Maternal-child histocompatibility and risk of autoimmune disease
- Epigenetic contributions to autoimmune disease risk
- Application of causal inference methods to autoimmune disease studies
Open letter to The Lancet
Two open letters to the editor of The Lancet urged the editor to commission a fully independent review of the PACE trial, which the journal had published in 2011. In 2016, Dr. Barcellos, along with 41 colleagues in the ME/CFS field, signed the second letter.
- 10 February 2016, An open letter to The Lancet, again - Virology blog