Jane Colby is a British advocate for paediatric patients and formerly had severe myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) triggered by a viral infection. (Colby sometimes refers to the virus as "polio-like" or "related to polio" and sometimes as coxsackie B). She is a former head teacher and a member of the National Association of Educational Inspectors, Advisors, and Consultants.  She is the Executive Director of Tymes Trust, the longest established national UK service for children and young people with ME and their families.
- 2013, ME - The New Plague 2
- 2007, Special problems of children with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome and the enteroviral link.
- 1999, Zoe's Win, a book for children with ME
- 1997, Long Term Sickness Absence due to ME/CFS in UK Schools: An Epidemiological Study With Medical and Educational Implications, coauthored by Jane Colby and Elizabeth G Dowsett, is the largest ever epidemiological study of ME in the UK which revealed that ME is the most frequent cause of long-term sickness absence from school.
- 1996, ME - The New Plague, about the connection between ME and poliomyelitis.
Tymes Trust publications
- The T Rex in the Room
- Paediatric ME, CFS, SEID for Families and their GPs
- False Allegations of Child Abuse in Cases of Childhood Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)
- ME Awareness 2015: Equality and ME
- Explain Your Abilities (co-authored by Naomi Burgess)
- Diet in ME - is it such a big deal? (compiled with advice from Dr Alan Franklin and Elizabeth G Dowsett)
- A Presentation to the All Party Parliamentary Group on ME (co-authored by Joanna Smith)
- A Good Practice Guide to Education for Children with ME for GPs, Schools and Families
- Teacher Information on ME, Some children may be diagnosed as 'CFS'
- Banned from Sleeping Poster
- Why home-based education helps Poster (co-authored by Lord Clement-Jones CBE)
- 25 years of trusting TYMES Poster
- Professional Guides ME - The Illness and Common Misconceptions: Abuse, Neglect, Mental Incapacity
- Professional Guides Back to School?
- Professional Guides Pushing the Boundaries in ME/CFS
- Professional Guides The SENCO’s Key Role in Supporting Pupils With CFS/ME
- Professional Guides Physios Urged to Go Cautiously
- Professional Guides Implications for Schools of the Chief Medical Officer’s Working Group Report on CFS/ME
- Professional Guides ME/CFS Guidelines for Educational Psychologists (co-authored by Naomi Burgess)
Talks and Interviews
- 2006, Speaker at the 1st Invest in ME International ME Conference on Children and Education: Incidence, clusters and specific problems of youngsters with M.E. DVD available
- 1997, Long Term Sickness Absence due to ME/CFS in UK Schools: An Epidemiological Study With Medical and Educational Implications
- Colby. (2007). Special problems of children with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome and the enteroviral link. Journal of Clinical Pathology 60(2): 125–128. Published online 2006 Sep 11. doi:10.1136/jcp.2006.042606 Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1860612/
- Zoe's Win, Jane Colby - Dome Vision - 1999, ISBN-10: 0953733009, ISBN-13: 978-0953733002
- Dowsett EG, Colby J.(1997). Long-term sickness absence due to ME/CFS in UK schools; an epidemiological study with medical and educational implications. Journal of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome,1997 3:29-42. http://dx.doi.org/10.1300/J092v03n02_04
- ME: the new plague, Jane Colby - First and Best in Education - 1996 ISBN-10: 1860832156, ISBN-13: 978-1860832154