Dr Teitelbaum is owner of Fatigue to Fantastic, the Fibromyalgia Treatment Group (FTG), founder of the Kona Research Center in Hawaii, USA, and former medical director of Fibromyalgia and Fatigue Centers.
Services[edit | edit source]
Dr. Teitelbaum and his staff participate in phone consultations to patients around the world regarding ME/CFS, FM, sleep disorders and pain.
Sales[edit | edit source]
Dr Teitelbaum sells nutritional supplements through his websites, which include Vitality101, Fibromyalgia Treatment Group, and EndFatigue.
FDA warnings[edit | edit source]
In 2012 and 2021, the FDA sent warning notices to Jacob Teitelbaum stating that he was selling products to treat chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, and other serious illnesses which had not been approved for those uses or shown to be safe.
In 2021 the FDA stated that these were classified as "new drugs" needing approval because of the way they were promoted on his websites, which included testimonials from people claiming health benefits for specific conditions got which medical treatment should be sought.
The FDA listed a following "dietary supplements" but stated that the list was "only a fraction of the violations". These products were:
- Corvalen (D-Ribose)
- Coenzyme Q10
- Jigsaw Magnesium w/ SRT
- BMR Complex (Thyroid Glandular)
- Energy Revitalization System
- Thymic Protein
- Alpha Lipoic acid
- Black Cohosh
- Healthy Knees and Joints
- Eskimo 3 Fish Oil
The FDA stated that a ninety of other products were named in a way that suggested that they were effective for particular medical conditions that they were not approved for, and that these also had not been shown to be safe, including:
- Fibrolief Support Formula
- Nerve Renew
- Neuro Boost Optimizer
- Immune Support
Talks and interviews[edit | edit source]
- 2014, - Spoonie Radio Episode 01 Guest - Dr. Jacob Teitelbaum, Podcast and Full Text Transcript
News and articles[edit | edit source]
- 2012, Fatigue supplements are actually misbranded drugs: FDA - Chicago Tribune
Books[edit | edit source]
- 2001, From Fatigued to Fantastic / From fatigued to fantastic! : a clinically proven program to regain vibrant health and overcome chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia / From fatigued to fantastic! : a proven program to regain vibrant health, based on a new scientific study showing effective treatment for chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia
- 2003, Three steps to happiness! : healing through joy : a three-step process that will help you move into your natural, joyful state of being : reclaim both health and passion in your life! Deva Press
- 2005, Pain Free 1-2-3!
- 2008, Food that helps win the battle against fibromyalgia : ease everyday pain and fight fatigue / Foods that fight fibromyalgia : nutrient-packed meals that increase energy, ease pain, and move you towards recovery - with Deirdre Rawlings
- 2010, Beat sugar addiction now! : the cutting-edge program that cures your type of sugar addiction and puts you on the road to feeling great--and losing weight! / Beat sugar addiction now! cookbook : recipes that cure your type of sugar addiction and help you lose weight and feel great! - with Chrystle Fiedler and Deirdre Rawlings
- 2011, Real cause, real cure : the 9 root causes of the most common health problems and how to solve them / The real cause, the real cure : how to uncover and cure (finally!) the hidden causes of your health problems / Real cause, the real cure the 9 root causes of the most common health problems and how to solve them - with Bill Gottlieb
- 2013, The Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Solution: The Essential Guide to Overcoming Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia, Made Easy!
- 2013, Healing is possible : new hope for chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, persistent pain, and other chronic illnesses / New Healing Is Possible : New Hope for Chronic Fatigue, Fibromyalgia, Persistent Pain, and Other Chronic Illnesses - with Neil Nathan
- 2014, Beat Sugar Addiction Now! for Kids The Cutting-Edge Program That Gets Kids Off Sugar Safely, Easily, and Without Fights and Drama - with Deborah Kennedy
- 2015, The Complete Guide to Beating Sugar Addiction The Cutting-Edge Program That Cures Your Type of Sugar Addiction and Puts You on the Road to Feeling Great--and Losing Weight! - with Chrystle Fiedler
- 2018, Diabetes is optional : hintonia : the natural way to control type 2 diabetes
Notable studies[edit | edit source]
Online presence[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
Learn more[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Deardorff, Julie (May 4, 2012). "Fatigue supplements are actually misbranded drugs: FDA". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved February 4, 2022.
- Quinn, Des (2011). "Dr Jacob Teitelbaum Speaking In Bath". Fibromyalgia Action UK. Retrieved February 4, 2022.
- "Jacob Teitelbaum MD". LinkedIn. Retrieved February 4, 2022.
- "Kona Research Center". July 11, 2016. Retrieved February 4, 2022.
- Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (August 26, 2021). "Fibromyalgia Treatment Group - 614183 - FTG, LLC". FDA. Retrieved February 4, 2022.
chronic illness any long-term illness, regardless of the severity. Chronic illnesses are typically incurable, requiring long-term management.