Erik Johnson is an advocate for mold avoidance as a treatment for myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). He is the subject of the book Back from the Edge by Lisa Petrison, and has published several books of his writings on extreme mold avoidance. He is also a regular contributor to the blog Paradigm Change.
Erik became ill with ME/CFS in the Lake Tahoe epidemic of 1985, but recovered in the late 1990s as a result of extreme mold avoidance. He has since spent his time working with scientists on the role of mold toxins in chronic illnesses, as well as producing educational materials.
Talks & interviews
- How to Practice Mould Avoidance as Outlined by Erik Johnson
- Facebook Group - The Erik Johnson Effect
- The Role of Toxic Mold in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome by Erik Johnson (PDF)
- Publications by Erik Johnson
- Mold avoidance
- Mold illness
- Mold hypothesis
- 1984 Incline Village chronic fatigue syndrome outbreak
- Lisa Petrison
- Ritchie Shoemaker