Doctor Derek Enlander is a semi-retired Internist specializing in ME/CFS, fibromyalgia, and Lyme disease. He is originally from Belfast in Northern Ireland (UK), but now works in New York City in the United States. He is a clinical instructor at The Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, and, also, leads the CFS Center at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York City. He is committed to introducing the next generation of doctors to the best training in ME/CFS and frequently has medical students and interns shadow him in his office.
Open Letter to The Lancet
Two open letters to the editor of The Lancet urged the editor to commission a fully independent review of the PACE trial, which the journal had published in 2011. In 2016, Dr. Enlander, along with 41 colleagues in the ME/CFS field, signed the second letter.
- 10 February 2016, An open letter to The Lancet, again - Virology blog
- 1035 Fifth Ave, New York City, New York, USA
- (212) 794-2000
- He frequently visits Belfast, Dublin and England and also sees patients in all these locations.
Talks & interviews
- 2016, MECFS Alert Episode 77 - Dr. Derek Enlander
- Oct 2015, Second Opinion TV Show - Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- 2011, MECFS Alert Episode 1 Part 1 - Welcome to MECFS Alert
- 2011, MECFS Alert Episode 1 Part 2 - Interview with Dr. Derek Enlander
There are more talks by Doctor Enlander on YouTube.
- Dr. Enlander's M.E. and CFS Center at Mt. Sinai Facebook page
- New York ME/CFS Center Website
- PubMed - Derek Enlander
- Wikipedia - Derek Enlander
- Comment on Institute of Medicine report (19 February 2015, see also Institute of Medicine report)
- Letter to U.S. Department of Health and Human Services CFS Advisory Committee (CFSAC).