Claire Jones (born in 1985) is a Welsh harpist who held the title of Official Harpist to the Prince of Wales from 2007 to 2011. She was diagnosed with myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME) in 2013.
Claire started feeling unwell shortly after her wedding in September 2012, experiencing chronic fatigue and widespread pain and migraines. Despite this, she continued working a punishing schedule, which she blamed for her ill health, until she crashed in May 2013. She was taken to the accident & emergency department by her husband where she suffered a seizure, and was diagnosed with myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS). Her health was so poor she was bedbound for long periods of time, and had to be washed by her mother.
She received treatment at the Optimum Health Clinic in London, as well as by a chiropractor in Cardiff and a specialist in natural medicine in Dorset. After a gradual period of improvement, she has returned to full health. She has now returned to work and is also actively campaigning for better awareness and treatment of ME/CFS.
Articles and interviews
- 23 Feb 2015, Secrets to Recovery LIVE - Alex Howard interviews Harpist Claire Jones about her recovery from ME/CFS (YouTube)
- 26 Feb 2015, Former royal harpist Claire Jones on her ME fight (Wales Online)
- 28 Feb 2015, I Feared For Career Says Royal Harpist Claire Jones Hit By ME (Mail Online)
- Price, Karen (26 February 2015), "Former royal harpist Claire Jones on her ME fight", Wales Online, Cardiff, retrieved 2017-07-31
- English, Rebecca (28 February 2015), "I Feared For Career Says Royal Harpist Claire Jones Hit By ME", Mail Online, London, retrieved 2017-07-31
- Claire Jones - THE BIG NEWS! Celebrating love and new life on the way....
- Claire Jones - ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - A Journey