Causes of death
From MEpedia, a crowd-sourced encyclopedia of ME and CFS science and history
Statistics on the causes of death in ME +/or CFS patients vary greatly. Some factors that influence statistics on cause of death include case definitions, regional differences, access to medical resources, and the presence of comorbid illnesses.
- 2016, Mortality in patients with myalgic encephalomyelitis and chronic fatigue syndrome (Stephanie L. McManimen, Andrew R. Devendorf, Abigail A. Brown, Billie C. Moore, James H. Moore & Leonard A. Jason)
- 2016, Mortality of people with chronic fatigue syndrome: a retrospective cohort study in England and Wales from the South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust Biomedical Research Centre (SLaM BRC) Clinical Record Interactive Search (CRIS) Register (Emmert Roberts, Simon Wessely, Trudie Chalder, Chin-Kuo Chang, Matthew Hotopf). See also Suicide risk in people with chronic fatigue syndrome. The study has been criticized by James Coyne.
- 2015, Pathology of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Pilot Study of Four Autopsy Cases
- 2012, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and subsequent risk of cancer among elderly US adults
- 2010, Exploring the feasibility of establishing a disease-specific post-mortem tissue bank in the UK: a case study in ME/CFS
- 2006, Causes of death among patients with chronic fatigue syndrome
- 2016, Mortality in ME/CFS (ME Research UK)
- 2016, Chronic Fatigue and Suicide: An Alarming Trend
- 2012, Update on the ME/CFS Tissue and Post Mortem Tissue Bank (ME Association)