Rakib Uddin Rayhan is a MD/PhD candidate at Georgetown University Medical Center and Howard University, Washington, D.C. Since 2010, he has worked with Dr. James Baraniuk on functional neuroimaging at the Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center. His fields of study are Cognitive Psychology, Biological Psychology, Neuropsychology.
According to his bio for the Invest In ME Conference:"[Rayhan is] deeply interested in symptomatic development and chronification of pain and fatigue in idiopathic illnesses such as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), Gulf War Illness (GWI), and Fibromyalgia (FM)...He is actively engaged in further pursuing a systems biology to the approach to the [Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center] neuroimaging research by examining genomics, proteomics and metabolomics. His desire is to identify potential biomarkers that provide objective support to disease criteria and that are then translated into new and affordable therapies leading to a better quality of life for patients."
Talks and Interviews
- 2013, Migraine in gulf war illness and chronic fatigue syndrome: Prevalence, potential mechanisms, and evaluation.
- 2013, A Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) severity score based on case designation criteria.
- 2012, Dyspnea in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS): Comparison of Two Prospective Cross-Sectional Studies.
- Rayhan, R. U., Ravindran, M. K., & Baraniuk, J. N. (2013). Migraine in gulf war illness and chronic fatigue syndrome: Prevalence, potential mechanisms, and evaluation. Frontiers in Physiology, 4. doi:10.3389/fphys.2013.00181. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23898301.
- Baraniuk JN, Adewuyi O, Merck SJ, Ali M, Ravindran MK, Timbol CR, Rayhan R, Zheng Y, Le U, Esteitie R, Petrie KN.(2013). A Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) severity score based on case designation criteria. American Journal of Translational Research, 5(1):53-68. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23390566.
- Ravindran, M., Adewuyi, O., Zheng, Y., Rayhan, R. U., Le, U., Timbol, C., . . . Baraniuk, J. (2012). Dyspnea in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS): Comparison of Two Prospective Cross-Sectional Studies. GJHS Global Journal of Health Science, 5(2). doi:10.5539/gjhs.v5n2p94. Retrieved from http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23445698